1/26/2006

Trip Down Memory Lane, Part 4: Kodak Moments

This is my final photo installment in this mini-series (egh I sound like I'm trying to make it so official or something...) devoted to those pictures that just capture the moment so well. Here goes:

Part 4: Kodak Moments



Natalie Joy, do you recognize the beautiful baby in this picture? This is the day that Haleigh and I came to visit new baby Mel in the hospital... AND she smiled for the picture!



Megan and I got tired of shooting still-life pictures in the junkyard, so we played around. We found this oversized tricycle... I want one of those to ride downtown here... wait, parking would be too expensive...



Hehe, look at the fire behind those blue eyes of mine. You may also notice that I am completely missing my front-left tooth, which got knocked out when I was one years old when I fell on my bottle. I like to think of myself as the calm, sensible child of the four of us, but by the looks of this picture, I must have had some 'obnoxious' in me at an earlier age.



This is in Bill and Nat's old backyard where we had youth group one night. Haleigh and I had just been out taking pictures together all day.



On our very second photoshoot, Haleigh and I took a bunch of timer photos. For this one, Haleigh stood in the water and I pushed the button, then ran and jumped in the creek. What I didn't know what how HORRIBLY cold the water was. It startled me, quite frankly.



While in England, our choir group stumbed upon this professional violinist playing in a square. It was so insane... he put on a cd of a famous symphony and played the lead violinist part of the song. Wow.



Though betraying the idea that these are all pictures I dug out from my old photo album, I had to end with this one. It is one of my favorites from my trip to Kenya, where I worked with Christian Mission Aid in the slums of Nairobi. This little girl followed me around quite a bit, and one afternoon, she was just standing in the doorway of the school building (a shack, really) and when I pulled out my camera, she smiled (Kenyan children adore getting their picture taken!) Every time I see this picture, I want to jump a plane and go back there...

Well, that's all for this series of photos, eventually I plan to write about Kenya in detail and show more pictures from the trip, but I want to have time to pour my heart out into it, and with school started up again, it will be hard. Thanks for taking time to look at my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow can't believe that was only 3 1/2 years ago. Mellie is so grown up now and so are you. I've loved looking at all your pictures from the past. I love that you have been a part of some of my most favorite memories up to this point in my life. Never stop taking pictures because the moments that are captured are priceless. Love ya Hannah Joy. Thanks for being a part of so many of my smiles.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! Who is that Haleigh with BLACK HAIR? YIKES!

Anonymous said...

My beautiful girls. I love all the pictures you've taken of my family over the years. I still have one of me and Mel from that day on my dresser. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Wat fun times.. I remember that water was pretty cold.brr. But what a great picture- Wow I think we wasted like what 2 rolls or somthing! :o)