1/25/2006

Trip Down Memory Lane, Part 3: My Funny-Farm Family

Years ago, my mom sent my older brother, Adam, a card at church camp signed "from your Funny-Farm Family" and the term kinda stuck with me. Note the hyphen... it joins the two words into one... This is my third installment of pictures, dedicated to my wacko but wonderful family...



Um, what better picture to start with? It fulfills everything you could imagine for a crazy family. The grumpy looking farmer father, the disinterested eldest son, the goofy mom who still loves the concept of bunny-ears, the over-glammed daughter, the over-stressed twelve-year-old, and the never-ending perplexity of a young'un who never seems to mature!



AWWW... look at me in my carseat.... awww look at.... AWWWW.



Doin' what he loved to do... Haleigh, you took this one the first day we took pictures with my new camera. I will cherish it forever.



Why the weird finger thingy? I don't know. It was Jacob's idea.



This is a picture from one of my "vacations" to Chicago... we went to the best Cubs game ever, I think four homeruns were hit or something?!? It was AMAZING.



I think the best part of this picture of Jake is how ridiculously innocent he looks... do not be fooled, my friends; there is obnoxious fury hidden behind all those freckles!



Adam, I want those glasses. Oh.... I was thinking I should try this hairdo sometime again, the one where there's a curlyish tuft on top of my head and all the hair on the sides is real thin and worn down.



My grandparents, who are now footloose, eternally dancing together like the first day they met.



And finally, (phew, that was a lengthy one!) the two rejects. Theme for this photo? I'm guessing indigestion and constipation!


Hope you enjoyed that! I sure did. Coming up next - the final installment: Kodak moments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining - I was tempted to believe Jacob's innocent-looking face. And then I remembered. It's Jacob.

Anonymous said...

I love your family!! And your photos.