1/05/2006

Eh... it's the new year, why not?

I read this survey in Angela's blog... Ang, I love reading your blog. Oh, and my mom and I have decided you and Matt are the cutest couple. It is so obvious how much you love each other!

Here goes...

1. What did you do in 2005 that you had never done before?
Traveled overseas by myself - many lonely hours in London Heathrow airport, let me tell you!

2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly don't know if I set any. I'm sure I did, but don't know what they were. This year I'm going to try to read more Christian literature (other than the Bible.)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mandee and Heather

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Both of my grandparents... that was hard.

5. What countries did you visit?
Kenya and Uganda, working with Christian Mission Aid (www.cmaid.org)

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A year free of car accidents!

7. What dates will remain etched in your memory and why?
January 20th - first date with Josiah - met for coffee at Cup of Joe
February 7th - officially dating Josiah - our anniversary!
May 29th - graduated from high school
June 6th - boarded a plane for Kenya, working for CMA for a month
June 26th - my grandma, Evelyn Epley, died while I was still in Kenya
August 27th - moved to the windy city
November 8th - my grandpa, Ivan Epley, died
December 25th - Josiah and my first Christmas together!

8. What's your biggest achievement of the year?
I could say being valedictorian was pretty big - it all came down to how I did on my physics final test... if I had missed a few more questions I would have tied with the #2 person.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting more scholarships to pay for my expensive Chicago education maybe?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I mostly just dealt with my usual back pain, but I had really horrible food poisoning while in Kenya, so badly in fact that after puking my brains out all night I had to go to a tropical disease clinic to be tested for malaria, (test was negative), then was given an IV to restore the fluids I had lost.

11.What was the best thing you bought?
My 67-300mm zoom lens for my camera!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Josiah - when I first met him, he told me that because of past relationships, it would be hard for him to fall in love. But he has turned into the most amazingly sweet, loving guy!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
The liberal democrats, who try to make everything good about our country seem like a crime and who try to convince the world that everything our government does is corrupt...

14. Where did most of your money go?
I'm tempted to say Kenya, because that was expensive, but college has definitely drained my bank account much worse.

15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Falling in love with a wonderful guy, and doing missionary work in Kenya.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Hmm. To put one song to it would be impossible.

17. Compared to this time last year are you?
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) fatter or thinner? thinner. not by much, just 5 pounds or so.
c) richer or poorer? that goes BOTH ways, moneywise I am much poorer, but I have become richer by the many blessings that have come my way!

18. What do you wish you had done more of?
Spending time with loved ones, studying God's word.

19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Stressing about unimportant things.

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
I went with Josiah to a friend's house, where we ate pizza, watched a movie, and played games, and of course, I kissed my love at midnight!

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
YES!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I honestly don't watch TV anymore, nor can I remember any particular program I loved.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I do not hate people.

24. What was the best book you read?
I think I would say the Bible.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I fell in love with many bands... 'Coldplay' and 'Deathcab for Cutie' are two.

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted to really fall in love, and i definitely did.

27. What did you not want and not get?
Malaria.

28. What was your favorite film this year?
Oh boy. What movies did I see? Ones I liked were Hitch, Bewitched, King Kong, Chronicles of Narnia, and Monster-in-Law.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I worked, quickly ate some cake in front of my dorm-buddies, then went to African History & Culture class.

30. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Having spent more time with God, and less time doing pointless things.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion in 2005?
The continually recycled wardrobe.

32. What kept you sane?
My relationship with God, my family, Josiah

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't say.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Democrat's discrediting everything great that's happened in Iraq.

35. Who did you miss?
Josiah, my friends, but most of all, Grandma & Grandpa Epley.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Josiah by far.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Even when you are least expecting it, or incredibly undeserving of it, God will bless you.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"its time now to sing out, though the story never ends, let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends. Remember the love." - "seasons of love" from the musical Rent

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, valedictorian came down to one test? That is crazy. You are one smart girl.

I want to see some of your work!!!

hannahjoy said...

Haha, yeah, and good ol' Mr. Hurley was more worried than I was. Oh, and the saluditorian didn't know that I beat him until it was announced at graduation. AHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Great reading!! And thanks for the sweet comment about me and Matt - I will show it to him. :-)