1/20/2006

Veddy Interesting...

I was reading Chilihead's blog talking about a site she found with digital retouching of a bikini model, so I googled a phrase and came up with another great site to look at. It's so fascinating (and disturbing) to me how much work is done to the models' pictures. There are women who do have gorgeous bodies and skin, I'm sure, but it's not as normal as we make it out to be. Take a look at the site, if you scroll over the pictures, you will see the before version. Interesting...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is seriously eye opening and disturbing all at the same time. I never realized just how dramatic the difference is. Once you've seen the real thing, the touch ups look sooo fake. Thanks, I will look at my own self a little more realistically. (In a good way)

Anonymous said...

You know, I have found so much freedom in this. Nate showed me a photoshop site awhile ago and it just made me realize that we are striving for something that isn't even real. What a lie!

I'm so happy that some of those models have cellulite.

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree w/heth, very empowering to know that perfection is all an illusion. They should've left alicia keys alone anyway - she's more beautiful w/OUT the touchups.

hannahjoy said...

i agree... she doesn't even need it. it's a cryin' shame...