1/23/2006

Trip Down Memory Lane, Part 1: Silly/Unforgettable

Today I have been "cleaning house," though it actually seems I am making a worse mess since I'm plotting to re-arrange my room. I just have gotten so bored with the setup of first semester. I may have to enroll some of my neighbor guys to help me move the bunk beds tonight. Consult my roommate? Why? She's NEVER HERE. Anyhow, as I was "cleaning house," I opened up my photo box and perused my old photo album and a loose batch of photos... oh what memories. So I wanted to post some of my favorites, so you all (that know me) might take the same trip down memory lane and enjoy yourselves. This will be a three or four-part blog.

Part 1: Silly/Unforgettable



This is me at the peak of my training. Notice that boxing is no longer grueling for me, that it's become easy and fun to knock out my friend, who smiles because she expected to be clobbered anyway.



This one was taken at church camp when I was on worship team. It was rainy, and we all made a slip-n-slide down the hill at the ol' campgrounds. Pheew... that mud had a nasty smell, let me tell you...



Whoahh!!! That gravel can be tricky sometimes... I performed this rolling stunt at age 15 with my school license on my way to cross country practice. Funny thing I just noticed: you can see my hand print on the door where, in my shock and horror after flipping, I jumped out of the broken window and ran home (only a 1/4 mile away.) A moment of silence for the car, please.



This picture at Winsor Castle in London is pretty self-explanatory.



I will never be able to forget this picture, or how significant it has been to both Haleigh and me. Derek had wanted so badly to plan prom and be able to attend, and he did both of those. He passed away less than a month later from complications of cancer.


There you have it... coming up next: Memories of Open Bible Church

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I remember ALL those pics.. Camp! oh man that was a great year. Euro-trip. And I absolutly love that picture with Derek. :o) Never Forget!

I might just have to do a memory lane pics post.. I have some of us I could totally put up! :o)

Anonymous said...

You girls are so cute. Love the pics looking forward to more.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are fun! Brrr, that mud pic looks really cold.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun Hannah!