1/19/2006

Getting to Know Me... Getting to Know All About Me

Bill tagged me a while ago with this meme… I was wondering the same thing, what IS a meme? Just a game? Where does the word “meme” come from? Oh well, here goes…

Four jobs you had in your life.

1. Huge milk bowl watcher – once my dad’s milkhouse equipment was acting up when I was probably 6 or 7 years old, and he had me watch to make sure the milk level inside the huge glass sphere didn’t go beyond a certain level. Problem was, probably after about 5 minutes, I was so bored and worried I would have to be there forever that I ran out into the barn crying, saying I didn’t want to watch it anymore. Luckily my dad let me off the hook.

2. Hay raker. What could be better than sitting on a tractor, just making sure I stay in a straight line, all the while getting a tan in the skimpiest bikini I owned, and singing as loud as I could to my little brother’s Cadet CD? Oh, AND I was paid $7 and hour to do it.

3. Pizza Hut waitress. “Can I get you a refill?” “I’m sorry, there was a mistake made in the kitchen. Your pizza was made ALL with pepperoni and sausage instead of half and half.” “Sorry sir, I’m the only server tonight and I have twelve other tables that ordered their drinks before you!”

4. Caretaker for Grandpa. When I discovered that my grandfather was engaged twice before he even MET Grandma, something my dad didn’t even know. The best job I’d ever had.

Four movies you could watch over and over.

1. Spanglish. So many quotes I could put down, I love it!

2. The Wedding Singer.

3. Sabrina. Not the teenage witch. The movie with Harrison Ford. I watched this movie every single time I came home sick during high school.

4. Two Weeks Notice – because it’s Hugh Grant. Sorry, Josiah.

Four places you've lived.

1. Mama’s belly. It was wet and dark in there. We were both pretty happy when I decided to move out.

2. RR 4 Box 123. Before our country road even had a name, just a number. It was a good old blue house, with lovely shag carpet.

3. The main Epley farm. I love it there.

4. Chicago, IL. Fast paced, just right for me. But when I go home to the Epley farm, I hear imaginary city noises while in bed because I’m not used to the peace and quiet anymore.

Four TV shows you love to watch.

***I do not really watch TV anymore. These I have liked in the past:

1. Family Guy

2. Average Joe

3. Friends

4. Who’s Line is it Anyway?

Four places you've been on vacation.

1. Chicago, a few times.

2. France and England, if you call a choir trip a vacation.

3. Maryland, because that’s where my aunt, uncle, and cousins live.

4. Maasai Mara, in Kenya, Africa, where I went on a 3-day safari.

Four websites you visit daily.

1. google.com. I don’t know why, I just don’t feel fulfilled unless I’ve googled something each day.

2. hotmail.com and aol.com, to check my email.

3. facebook.com. The college version of myspace.

4. blogger.com. I love reading what’s new with my favorite Waverlyites.

Four of your favorite foods

1. Spaghetti

2. Chicago style pizza – my new favorite is Giordano’s.

3. Mom’s macaroni casserole. Coming to a church potluck near you. Seriously, it’s the greatest.

4. Stir fry, preferably with some steak strips inside.

Four places you'd rather be right now

1. In Kenya, doing just about anything.

2. In Los Angeles with my brother. (My spring break plan.)

3. Hanging out with Josiah, anywhere.

4. On a Caribbean cruise.

Four bloggers you are tagging

1. Haleigh, though her blog isn’t up and running right now.

2. Angela

3. Uhh… anyone else I can think of that hasn’t filled this out…

4. …?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!

Anonymous said...

Very nice - what an interesting thing to learn about your grandfather! I still haven't seen "Spanglish," but I should do that soon.