2/10/2006

Where has all the time gone?

Wow, I actually feel kind of guilty for not blogging for so long. Actually, maybe guilty is not the word, it is "amazed." The past three weeks of school has really flown by. How has all my time been spent? I felt the desire today to mathematically determine how ridiculously over-scheduled I am. So here's the weekly breakdown:

Hours expected from my teachers to work on my homework:
27

Hours to actually sleep 8 hours per day:
56

Hours spent in class:
19

Hours working at H&M:
15

Hours devoted to an average of 40 minutes to get ready in the morning:
4.67

Hours devoted to eating two meals per day at 20 mins each:
4.67

Hours in church on Sunday:
2

Hours on public transportation to get to church and work:
2.5

Hours walking to and from class:
1.67

Daily devotions:
sadly, a mere 2.33 hours per week


The grand total of these activities.... 134.8 hours

How many hours are in a week? 168.

Theoretically, I have nearly 5 hours to spare each day. If only it worked out that nicely. And looking at how my time is spent, I am sort of saddened. I sometimes find it hard just to spend those 20 minutes a day with the Lord. I spend twice as much time per week getting ready in the morning than I do reading the Bible and praying. It's humbling, a real reality check.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about hours spent talking to Josiah on the phone?

Anonymous said...

Uh, Yeah, what about that.

You should really try the SOAPS. It has made my brief time with the Lord so meaningful. You wouldn't evan have to do the full reading list, maybe just the new testament.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one busy girl.

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny how "technically" it should work out? Lesson #1 in life: everything looks better on paper.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same as Natalie - get a Life Journal and try it out. Absolutely awesome for your relationship with God.

hannahjoy said...

I always keep a devotional journal, but nevertheless, my mom sent me the Life Journal in the mail today. So thanks for the tips.