2/11/2006

Amendment to my previous post, by request

I got some comments asking, "What about Josiah?" from my last post, so here's the nitty gritty of it:

Hours spent talking on the phone to Josiah per week:
Probably around 5

Hours spent with Josiah each week (in person):
Probably about 30

So basically, i'm not actually spending those 27 hours doing homework nor those 56 hours sleeping. Just like T said, everything looks better on paper... it doesn't actually work out as planned.

Also of note, this past Tuesday, Feb. 7th was my 1-year anniversary with Josiah, from the day we were officially not-just-friends and a real dating couple. Tonight we celebrated, since Tuesdays he has his ministry training at an inner-city youth group. We exchanged gifts - I bought him this awesome Colorado Avalanche (our fave NHL team) sweatshirt, and he gave me a "Best of Coldplay" piano book and some other sheet music, as well as some adorable magnetic kissing stuffed animals. We ate at a casual steakhouse called "Ronny's" and shared a 20-ounce t-bone, baked potato, corn, garlic bread, and some unbelievable good lemonades. All for less than $25. Woohoo. What a wonderful year it has been. Being together almost every day now has really stretched us in many ways, but excitingly, we are growing closer as a couple and much closer to God. I am so blessed!

One favorite date place of ours... Sunday afternoons at Lincoln Park Zoo.
(It's free, and there are penguins.)

p.s. Keep me in your prayers for Saturday morning and after, I'm interviewing to be an RA for next year, which would save me a nice $11K for next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable couple....

Happy one year dating anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I have been sending up lots of RA prayers for you. I know you're going to get it. Your mom said you were coming home this weekend. Please try to come see me. I miss you much.

Anonymous said...

I love penguins too! Happy one year officialy not friends/dating couple/thingy anniversary.

Oh one more thing. I am seriously craving a piece of deep dish Chicago style pizza. Can you send me a piece through the mail.