4/26/2006

Why I am a Weirdo

Heth tagged me, so here I go: Six reason why I am a weirdo.

1. My hands and feet are abnormally wrinkly. Ever since I was a kid, I have looked like my hands are twenty years older than my face. Just look at them sometime when I'm at home. I used to hate it, but have come to accept it as perhaps a tradeoff - God made me creative and good at certain things and as a tradeoff gave me wrinkly hands. To keep me humble.

2. I have been in FIVE car accidents and only one of which was my fault - I rolled my car on gravel when fifteen years old. Going 35 miles per hour. Poor car. Poor Adam, who just sold me his beloved Z24 that soon enough bit the dust. Literally. As for the other four, I guess I have had a tendency to just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And some other people really suck at driving, sorry to say. Happily, I am now accident-free for, hmm, about a year and 3 months now, I think? Woohoo.

3. I shouldn't be admitting this one, it will come back to haunt me. But whenever someone touches the back of my hair, I get a shiver down my spine.

4. I grew up on a small dairy farm in rural northeast Iowa, yet feel very much at home in downtown Chicago. Is that weird? Maybe not, but some people do think I'm crazy.

5. I can't eat those little, round red hots candies, they make me sick. I loved them all of a sudden in second grade, when I decided they were so great I could eat 62 of them in a row. Came home and puked. Every. Half. Hour.

6. I fold my underwear into neat little piles in my drawer, sorted by the ones I actually like to wear, and the ones I only wear when all my nice ones are in the laundry basket. I can't stand a messy underwear drawer.


Yes, I could think of a million more. I am kinda weird, I must say.

I'm tagging Bill, Natalie Joy, and Haleigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you're blogging so much at the end of the semester.

I have an organized underwear drawer as well - organized by material, style, and frequency of wear. I agree, it's scary but necessary to find what you like quickly!

Anonymous said...

You guys seriously organize your underwear? I don't even fold them, I just wad them up and throw them in the drawer.

Hannah, your guardian angels must be working overtime on you girl! That's a lot of car accidents!

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday, but guess not. Your mom showed me her wrinkly hands so you'll just have to blame her.

Anonymous said...

Locks of Love will take anything at least 10 inches long. They say it takes about 3 donations to make 1 wig, so thickness must not matter too much. I have also read that they will sell any hair that they can not use and use the money to fund productions. So Go for it!!!