4/17/2006

Way to Sock it to 'Em, Mom.




This is a random short post, since I have to eat lunch yet and get to class within the next 30 minutes, but I wanted to share an Easter snippit.

On my way home from Iowa to come back to the windy city, my mom gave me a call. She proceeded to tell me about a trick she was playing on Jacob at the moment -

Jacob had been pestering her to have an Easter egg hunt out in the yard all afternoon. Easter egg hunts are a tradition in our family since my little brothers were old enough to search, and since our yard is huge and filled with all kinds of trees, farm buildings, nooks & crannies, it is quite the hunt. However, this year it had rained a lot, and was still raining on Sunday. So in response to Jacob's pestering, my mom was explaining that it would be too messy to have an outdoors hunt. He persisted, so Mom said, "alright, give me 10 minutes, go to your room, and no peeking out the windows." She then got her coat, opened up the door, and shut the door. She then hid all the eggs around the inside of the house. Eight minutes later, she sent Jacob OUTSIDE to search for eggs. Ten minutes later, Jacob came in after realizing that Mom didn't hide any eggs outside at all.

Needless to say, we all had a good laugh at Jacob's expense. Sorry Jakey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! Thanks for sharing. Were you here Sunday? I'm bummed if I missed you!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I love it.