5/03/2006

Strange Happenings in Dreamland

Lately, I have been having really strange dreams. Not that this is very abnormal for me... My dreams have always been weird. Like the time that I dreamt that my brother Adam pulled a lever in the haymow that unleashed a leopard onto him that tore him to shreds. Or the time I dreamt that I was in the ending scene of Star Wars episode II with my ex-boyfriend. But lately, my dreams have had a very college-oriented strangeness to them.

Sunday night, returning to Chicago from a weekend of shooting over 160 photos for my final photography project (of which I will post pictures from eventually), I dreamt that all the photos that I had purposely over-exposed (to get more vibrant color) turned up to be a magenta/white graphic design on my contact sheet, therefore I had no pictures to use.

And last night, I dreamt that I awoke to a phone call from Josiah, saying, "Hey babe, where have you been? I still want to come over and hang out with you tonight, but you haven't been answering your phone" And then I look at the clock and realize I slept until 7pm, missing the final test for my first class and the final science lab today. Scary.

Needless to say, I'm a bit stressed about finals, I have loads of work to do, and on my bulletin board is a well-planned-out schedule that includes a bubble-bath next Thursday night. Eight more days until freedom, nine more days before moving back to smalltown Iowa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dreams are really crazy. i've always had wierd ones too. the count is on though and summer is around the corner! yeh!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to come back!!

Anonymous said...

I continue to have the dream that it is finals week and I have to go take a final for a class I signed up for but never actually attended. I know I am stressed out when I have that dream. I had it during the weddings.
I also have a dream where I am the lead in a musical but I have never been to practice and it is opening night. Very scary.
Good Luck with finals and we will see you soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with finals. Maybe your dreams will settle down when the stress is over.