5/24/2006

Can You Say, "Scam?"

Lately I've been searching through the web trying to get a good price on a new lens for my camera. I've also been browsing eBay for some equipment. I am amazed at how many camera scams there are on google and eBay. For example, Geniuscameras.com, who offered the lens that I want, which retails at $1600-$1700, at a mere $1400. This excited me, but I did my research. SCAM. And how about all the scammers on eBay trying to sell the magnificent Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II digital camera for $1000 each? Very suspicious. Considering this camera retails from $6000-$8000. (16.7 megapixels, people. Yes, it's expensive, but it's meant for professionals. It is AMAZING.) I feel bad for people not intelligent enough to research who they are buying from. And also for those people who will be judged for such horrible scams once they DIE! Ugh.

On a lighter note, I'll be posting some of my drawings once I can get some good digital shots of them. Josiah's bringing his digital cam to my house on Thursday, so maybe by this weekend I will have a few up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you know it's a scam? maybe they're just really rich people who don't care....

Anonymous said...

How about next time I want to order camera stuff online, I call you and YOU research it for me. Deal?

Anonymous said...

Sorry!!! You sound a little like Robby last night in bed "Mommy, how come there are bad people in the world who try to sell us toys on tv (commercials) that aren't really good?"
It's a tough world my precious kids.

hannahjoy said...

You know it's a scam because you google search the item with the words "ebay scam" and come up with all sorts of hits. Like photographers blogging about their bad experiences ordering from shady places.

Anonymous said...

Hannah...I love the Cannon 1 DS Mark II!!! I am actually going to buy that camera. Try Cameta Camera on Ebay. They are really good. Good prices and a really good product. I have ordered several of my lenses and cameras from them. (yes, I have like 5 different cameras...I think I am addicted!)

Anonymous said...

holy mama! I looked up that Canon 1DS Mark II. That baby is more expensive than two of our cars put together! I am pretty positive I wouldn't even know what to do with that thing!