5/19/2006

My Photo Memoir

Here is, as promised, some shots from my final project in my color photography class. My teachers (the lecturer and the darkroom teacher) both loved it, and I'm pretty pleased with it myself. Here goes, starting with my artist statement (aka the intro page to my album).

"This project is created in loving memory of my grandparents, Ivan and Evelyn Epley, who both passed away in 2005. Losing these two very special people has left my family with many things: objects, responsibilities, and most of all, fond memories. Rummaging through the boxes of their personal belongings brings a sense of a rich family heritage, a legacy of hardworking farmers, dedication, faith, and love. This project’s purpose is to show the connection between what Ivan and Evelyn left behind and the makeup of my family, so that we may look back in fondness and understand the significance of this couple that influenced us so deeply."
















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hannah, these are amazing pictures. thank you for sharing!! i hope you are enjoying your break from classwork! congrat's on making it through your first year!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos. You are sosoooo talented. COME SEE ME!!!

Anonymous said...

it is a great project hannah... well done.

Anonymous said...

incredible. you did great. especially the pic of ivan in the barn, what an awesome memory.

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you're killing me over here. I was holding back the tears until I got to the photo of your brothers. What a beuatiful tribute, you are amazing.

An A+ from me.

Anonymous said...

How incredible; thanks for sharing. We're glad you are home!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Hannah that is really good. You are very talented.