5/17/2006

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus, Please.

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah... are you singing it in your head? I know I am.

I am finished with my first year of college and I'm back at home in Iowa!

Well, actually I'm sitting in Panera bread to take advantage of the amazing bagels and free wireless internet. But it's still home.

My days, though much less stressful than during finals week, are still pretty busy:

Job searching. I had an interview with Karmen (a wonderful Waverly photographer) today, and she is going to give me a day or two per week working/shadowing her and her assistant. I am definitely thanking God for this, because Karmen wasn't even looking for someone. She doesn't need someone. But out of the goodness of her heart, she is giving me a small job. I cannot wait. I also have a second interview at Home Depot on Friday, and hopefully they will hire me for 30 hours a week or so. Need to make some money, people!

Sorting/unpacking/repacking. I'm trying to go through all the stuff that I brought back from college. I had WAY too much stuff. Seriously. My parents brought their beautiful 2005 Honda Pilot to pick me up, and with my futon and television, all my clothes, and odds and ends, we couldn't fit it all. Josiah had loaded his stuff into my car and we had to sandwich as much of the rest of my stuff in there as possible. We got it all in... "easily" as I told Josiah (what a joke. More like "barely".) Needless to say, I was the designated "blind-spot-checker" for my love. So my room is totally loaded with stuff that I'm putting in plastic containers for next fall. Yay. Can't wait. Thank goodness I have two and a half months before I have to move it back. Ugh.

Sleeping. I think all those late nights have begun catching up with me. I could probably sleep 20 hours straight for the next week before feeling energized. Oh well, such is life. Can I include that as part of my busy schedule? It does consume hours and hours of my life.

Next post, which I'll probably post yet today, will be some pictures from my final photography project. Maybe some of my drawings will be posted soon as well.

GLAD TO BE BACK!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Making money and sleeping - the two most important pursuits of a college student on summer break.

We are thrilled you are home.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sleep and make money now...neither of those come easy when you get older... :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your final project. You rule.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home. Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back sweetie.