5/08/2006

Almost...finished...

The school year is about to end. Three more days of classes. Know what that means? Many things:

- I am very fatigued. Late nights, early mornings. Lots of work to do. Photos to print, books to construct, value studies to draw, ONE more test, science, to study for.

- I am eating very well, for two reasons - I need the food to stay awake, and I'm TRYING to use up all my food before Friday.

- I am baking 2 boxes of brownies on Wednesday night. (See above.)

- My greatest desire at the moment is to pop popcorn, paint my nails, and watch a movie, and finish off with ice cream.

- My second greatest desire is to take a long, relaxing walk in Grant park.

- I want to come home now. My stuff is pretty much packed up.

- I want to stay here. Funny, huh? It's all because of the parks. The trees are all in full bloom. All the streets are lined with flowerbeds with tulips. The lake looks blue and inviting, rather than icy and full of death. Chicago is best in the spring, summer, and fall. At least I got most of the fall part, and a taste of spring.

- I am somehow extremely emotional, laughing AND crying within the same 10 minutes. Just ask Josiah.

- I am starting to make statements, like "this summer I want to..." as if it's new years day and I'm setting my resolutions.

- I am starting to wonder how I'm going to make enough money to survive next school year. Anybody wanna offer me a job? That's above minimum wage? It's hard coming from Chicago where I am paid $8.50/hr to settling for something so far less.

- As of Thursday, after 12:50pm, I'm sortof officially a college SOPHOMORE. Woah. Isn't that special.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping at Ikea on your way home?

Hooray, you are almost done!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!! Can't wait to see you. Wish I had a great paying job for you.

Anonymous said...

whoa who, you're almost there!

Anonymous said...

hey, your home now. I know cuz I saw you... so are you givin up blogging for a real job????

Anonymous said...

Hi, sounds overwhelming....a nice summer break will be good for you. How are the cockroaches??? LOL. Brenda

hannahjoy said...

haha, actually, i think i have a job, it will be official by the end of this week. working for Karmen for sure, and probably home depot.