9/06/2006

And So, It Begins

Move-ins are OVER! I am so relieved. No more beggining-of-the-year floor meetings. No more anxious parents asking me to personally take care of their child. No more pointless 7:30am OR 6:30am meetings. It's finally time for me to be a student again, to have a real job again!

Classes started yesterday. I had my Advanced Color Photography class in the morning and my Studio I class in the afternoon. Later in the evening, I dropped my Advanced Color class and switched to something better - the teacher had let us know up front that there would be a great amount of shooting and hours of printing for this class, all done on my own time. Too much... I already have studio photography hours to put in, website design lab hours to put in, and digital II hours... lots of additional shooting and hours of printing didn't sound inviting enough!

I am amazingly excited for this semester! I can't wait to learn all about studio lighting, to use the amazing equipment Columbia has. I learned yesterday that I did in fact get another federal grant this year, and now my student loans are all in order. Today I start training on the Segway, so soon I'll be a Chicago tour guide. Tuesday, I'm taking a group of students from my floor to the Cubs vs. Dodgers game. All free tickets, provided by my building. I'm not sure who I'm truly cheering for - I live in Chicago so it SHOULD be the Cubs, but Dad is asking me to put some cheers in for his Dodgers... I may just make a t-shirt with both logos on the front.

The possibilities are endless... it's going to be a great year.

2 comments:

Heth said...

Yay! Sounds exciting. Glad the craziness of move-ins is over.

Tina said...

sounds like fun !!