8/24/2006

A Big Day


I now officially work at the only Segway dealer in Chicago, as a tour guide. I had a complimentary tour today, then was asked by the manager, "So, what did you think?" And he offered me a job. My first interview Tuesday was the easiest and longest I've ever had.

Flexible hours, $8/hr plus tips from the rich, old people who actually sign up for the $70 tours, and best of all, I get to ride one of these babies and get paid for it. Added bonus: I love having jobs where I guide people and get to tell them things they didn't know.

Yay! So after my interview, I decided to have some fun. Fun I have not had lately. I went to Starbucks, got a mocha and a rice krispy square, then went shoe shopping. I tried on some $85 Diesel sneakers that were awesome, then went to payless and bought some cute Champion sneakers there instead. I may have just gotten hired, but I will probably never be the girl to spend $85 on sneakers. Oh, and Heth had talked about Payless's 'buy one, get on 1/2 off' sale, and so I also bought these beautiful babies, plus a matching purse. What will I wear them with? Not sure. But I will make it work. I could NOT resist.

Ahh, what a day.

1 comment:

Heth said...

Cuuuuute shoes. Love them.