8/20/2006

20 Questions

Lawsuit depositions. Not a fun way to spend my Thursday, let me tell you.

Silly lawyer: "Can you give me an estimate of how fast the driver of your vehicle was going?"

Me: [well advised by my attorney not to make assumptions] "I couldn't see the speedometer, I'm not really sure. However, I do know that the driver of the vehicle did not typically speed during these kinds of trips."

Silly lawyer: "Well, I'm not asking about that, can you just give an estimate of how fast the vehicle was moving?"

Me: "I couldn't really tell you, I'm not sure."

Silly lawyer: "How fast did it feel you were going?"

Me: [giving a definite 'what part of "I don't know" don't you understand' glare] "I simply don't know."

Silly lawyer: "Did it feel faster than normal? Above 55? Below 55?"

Me: "You know... no, I'm not just going to throw a number out there. I don't know."


Late Thursday night, I got off the metra, and instead of going my usual public transportation route, I hailed a cab. Exhausted. Bewildered. Frustrated. I gave the driver a 75-cent tip. Are you supposed to tip a cab driver for a 3-minute ride, in which he talks on his cell phone and speeds through every intersection right as the light turns red? He looked disappointed. I'm sure I just looked worn.


On another topic, Josiah moved to Chicago in the Moody Bible dorms yesterday. His birthday was today, so we went out to an Italian place in Wrigleyville. Very yummy. GREAT to have my baby back!

3 comments:

Heth said...

Can you give me an estimate as to how fast the cab driver was going?

Natalie Joy said...

I feel your pain. I really do. Just be glad the questions aren't a little more intimate. I can't wait for this to be all over and I know you feel the same way.

Tina said...

it will be nice to get this behind you... look at it as another step in getting it behind you...