6/05/2007

Home, sweet home.

This is the last blog I will ever write from room 1818A in the University Center. I am moved out! My room is very bare and I check out in the morning, then will head to my new short-term home in Wrigleyville (Go Cubs!) This move has been a very stressful one for me. I didn't really pack much before a couple days ago, and, well, you never realize how much STUFF you have until you have to pack it into boxes.

I have too much stuff. I'm not kidding, it barely fit in two car trips, and that's after sharing a closet of one of my 18th floor residents who is living at the UC over the summer.

This summer's goal: DOWNSIZING, and not buying more household objects or clothing. Except for maybe a wedding dress, that doesn't count.

I bravely faced the rainy weather this morning when I took a carload up to my new apartment by myself (since Josiah was at work.) I unpacked that baby in 35 minutes with no help, I was so proud. I figured, "I don't even have another load that size, this will be easy!" Then I went to my internship and wore my little body out, then I went to class and wore my little brain out, then Josiah drove my car to the UC so I could pack up the rest of my belongings.

The freak-out began.

TVs, surround sound, DVDs, dishes, blankets, photographic lighting equipment, pillows, random desk accessories, a scanner/printer and toiletries take up a little more room than you would expect. And nothing is ever made better by a heavy box whose bottom gives out on the sidewalk. Outside in the loading dock, I reached a meltdown point, thank goodness Josiah was there.

There are many good reasons why I will marry this man. Tonight he reminded me of his true love for me... when I reached the point of tears he held me and comforted me, telling me that he had been praying while I was up in the room, and that we WERE going to get all the stuff in the car, though it really seemed impossible, and that he wasn't going to leave me until I was moved in and safe at home. He cancelled work in the morning with his boss, and held my face in his hands and told me MANY times as I cried how he loves me. He carried all my heavy boxes while I carried lightweight items up the stairs, and would not stand for me telling him how bad I felt that he had to give up his sleeping hours to help me move. I can only hope that with God's guidance, I can love Josiah like he loves me, that I can be the wife he deserves.

I love you, babe.

3 comments:

Heth said...

He's a keeper.

Natalie Joy said...

OK you two... just set a date... and make it soon. We all can't wait to just get you two hitched. You make a great couple, a great team and that's what it's all about.

Angela said...

You'll be a GREAT wife!! It's a lot of work, but I know you can do it. (Oh...it's a lot of fun, too.)