9/06/2007

Carpe Diem

It's been nearly two months since I've blogged. It's hard to believe how time can fly when you get busy. I've had RA training, move-ins, wedding planning is underway, and now school has started. Over the past few months I've gotten to feel as if I'm missing out on something. Like I'm not pushing myself as hard as I should be in this field. Tonight in my first Photojournalism I class with John White, a photojournalist at the Chicago Sun-Times, I came to the conclusion that it's time now to start kicking myself into action. No more lazy days with the camera sitting on the shelf. No more memory cards and film stashed away being unused. No more lens caps. If I am going to be a great photographer, I need to be constantly shooting pictures.

New shot: All I shot today was during class, when my teacher was challenging us to be quick with our reflexes and with the shutter, we were required to shoot exactly when his hands clapped, which is quite difficult when you teacher fakes you out 9/10ths of the time. I caught him twice, out of 45 shots.


And for your viewing pleasure, here are some old pictures from late June, Holly's senior shots:







2 comments:

melanie said...

the are adorable- i really like the train tracks. would you be at all interested in taking our family shots sometime when you are home???.. i have been afraid to ask because i know that home time goes so fast- so i wouldn't be offended if it doesn't work!

Tina said...

you go girl!! go hannah go hannah! it's your camera day! go hannah!