3/05/2007

My Studio, aka The University Center

Today has been a busy busy day. I have taken a lot of pictures here in my building, some for assignments and some for fun. I will be forever grateful for the day that I have a real studio to work with and not my dinky light set, seams of cheap paper that need photoshop-ing, and the hassle of moving lounge furniture to set up my shoot. Though the situation may be less than ideal, however, I have gotten some really great shots today, and I am learning to make my little light set work some magic. Here are some of my shots from the day:


My beloved, half-heartedly posing for me (not really posing at all I guess you could say) as he watches the Avalanche beat the Redwings. Yay!


Tony, a resident on my floor who I randomly pulled from his room to sit for me. Ah, I love being an RA.


Ashley, a fellow RA, and a real sweetheart.


My wonderful roommate Hayley. We've concluded after today that she makes a good model, has good photo-viewing opinion/expertise, and a GREAT studio assistant.


Brentley = Happiness.


Chioma, who shall photographically stun the man that her mom is trying to set her up with with.


What else is new here in Chicago? Josiah and I went to the Colorado Avalanche game here at the United Center, and boy did we have a blast! We love going to hockey games, especially for $8.00 a piece. I think Josiah's dream is to live in Colorado together with season tickets. I have many more photos to post from the game, but I picked one of my favorites. We are kinda silly sometimes.


I've been swamped with assignments this week, the teachers are really piling it on with midterms around the corner. I just keep telling myself that there are less than two weeks until I'm in Hawaii! *Excitement ensues.* This past weekend I had a photography workshop for two days, and on each day, I shot nudes for about 6-7 hours. It was a good experience to have under my belt, though not really my favored genre of photography. Needless to say, I won't be posting any of those pictures online.

Well, that's all, take care everyone! Tomorrow I'll be up at the crack of dawn (actually before it!) to shoot pictures until around 10am. A full day ahead of me - wish me luck!

3 comments:

Heth said...

Now why wouldn't you put the nudes online? *grin*

My favorite shot out of all of them is the one of you and Josiah. You two are crazy.

melanie said...

i like the shot of hayley, it's great. hang in there under all the assignments!

Haleigh Steere said...

Ha. I agree- Where's the nudes??

PS! Im coming to visit SOON!! get ure homwork done so we can have fuN!! =)